Yields: 1 apple cobbler (serves 6)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 5 RubyFrost apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tube (8 oz) of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 2.5 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl combine apples, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, ginger and cinnamon. Pour into the prepared casserole dish. Top with the walnuts.
- Open the crescent roll dough. Unroll the dough onto a cutting board. Cut the dough into ½ inch strips. Cut strips into ½ inch pieces. It’s alright if pieces stick together. Pulling off clumps of two to three pieces at a time, arrange the dough over the walnuts in a single layer.
- Bake until apples are cooked through and topping is a rich brown, 40-45 minutes.
About This Recipe
This unique recipe is courtesy of Mom and Food Blogger Extraordinaire, Christine Pittman of Cook The Story.
Christine's blog, Cook The Story, offers tips and recipes to help her readers spend less time in the kitchen and more time at the table with family and friends. Her cooking background comes from a childhood spent in the kitchen with her mom and grandmother and from spending summers, evenings and weekends working in the family restaurant. Christine is also a published recipe developer and photographer.